Thursday, May 1, 2014

Hip Kit Club | Love You

I have a new layout and card to share today for Hip Kit Club, using the April 2014 Hip Kit & Add-On Kits!  I actually got to scrap a photo of the hubby and I, using a selfie we snapped on a recent weekend trip.  Most of my layouts usually include photos of the kids, but it's nice to know they actually had parents too!  HA!




Sticking to a limited color scheme, can add a really big impact to your layout. As I was looking through the patterned papers and embellishments in the April 2014 Hip Kit & Add-On Kits, I noticed varying shades of Orange and Red. It was easy to incorporate these colors, because my photos didn't have a lot of different colors and I was planning to use White cardstock for my base, from the Cardstock Add-On. The touches of Black helped to create contrast and add a graphic look to my layout. I also created the Love You heart cut file and it is available for download on our Hip Kit Facebook page!



Vellum/transparent embellishments and papers are very popular right now, in the crafting industry. I wanted to use the Maggie Holmes Vellum shapes from the April 2014 Embellishment Kit to create a soft, ethereal look on my card. I kept the design of my card more clean and simple and used one of the Vellum sentiment pieces along with the butterfly and heart shapes included in the pack. To finish the sentiment on my card, I added one of the Maggie Holmes Gold phrase stickers, from the April 2014 Main Kit.

You can stop by the Hip Kit Club website to purchase any of the April Kits that are still in stock, and the new May 2014 Hip Kit & Add-On Kits are also available for purchase!!  And, in celebration of National Scrapbook Day, make sure you get in on this awesome sale!!

No comments:

Post a Comment