Monday, August 25, 2014

American Crafts August Gallery

Today, I have two layouts to share with you for the American Crafts August Gallery!  These will be the last "Gallery" layouts, because from now on, all of the Design Team work will be posting on the AC Blog, so make sure you visit to check out new projects!




I had a mix of some new collections, including Shimelle, Crate Paper and Studio Calico, so I created a mix up layout using the patterned papers and embellishments.  All of the American Crafts collections coordinate so well together!  The burst pattern from Studio Calico was such a fun design, so I used it for my full background and kept my layout design more simple.  I didn't want to cover a lot of the background, so the band design across my page was a perfect choice.




What do you do when your favorite collection has been reduced to a pile of scraps...cut a heat background and use them to back some of the hearts!  I only have a few full sheets left from the Plus One collection, so I thought it would be fun to do a die cut overlay on my background paper.  The Heart Felt cut file is in my Etsy Shop, The Cut Shoppe.  I didn't want to back each heart, so I just randomly added different patterns behind some of them.  I love the great pops of color, and that my photo still stand out on the page!

Thanks for stopping in today!

https://www.etsy.com/shop/TheCutShoppe?ref=ss_profile

No comments:

Post a Comment