Thursday, August 14, 2014

Hip Kit Club | This Is My Happy Place

Does it get much better than scrapbooking a photo of scrapbook supplies??!!  I say, no it doesn't!  :)  When my kits arrive each month from Hip Kit Club, I just have to take everything out and look at it, and it's always so pretty, that it deserves a photo.  So when I decided to use the Studio Calico Gold star vellum paper, I just had to use the photo of my August 2014 Hip Kits & Add-On Kit on my layout!



 
Vellum paper with Gold Stars? Yes please!! If you're like me and don't happen to own a sewing machine, and think how can I still use Vellum paper over my cardstock. Well, here's what I did...if you have an adhesive roller, just add a thin strip around the edge of the cardstock and then place your Vellum paper on top. If you don't have a clear adhesive roller, grab a Tiny Attacher or regular stapler and just staple once around each edge. And if you're feeling really brave, you could hand stitch around the edge of your Vellum paper. But whatever you do, it's definitely worth using! I love the look of the Gold stars over the White cardstock, paired with all of the gorgeous Shimelle, Crate Paper, Studio Calico and Freckled Fawn goodies, in the August 2014 Hip Kit & Add-On Kits.


When I first got a look at the new Shimelle collection, I really liked it a lot. But once we received our August 2014 Hip Kit & Add-On Kits, my like turned into L.O.V.E!! I love that it has a touch of shabby chic and pairs so well with the Crate Paper ephemera included in the kit. I just had to mix the two for a fun little card!

If you're thinking about ordering the August 2014 Hip Kit & Add-On Kits, don't waste another minute!  I know the Add-On Patterned Paper Kit has already sold out, so make sure you don't miss out on any of the other goodies for this month's Kit!  Head over to the Shop to get yours!

https://www.etsy.com/shop/TheCutShoppe?ref=l2-shopheader-name

No comments:

Post a Comment