Thursday, August 7, 2014

Hip Kit Club | August 2014 Hip Kit & Add-On Kits

So I have pretty much been dying to get my hands on the August 2014 Kit from Hip Kit Club, since Kimberly posted the Kit reveal photos!  And let me tell you, it was worth the wait!!  New Shimelle from American Crafts, new Brighton Pier from Studio Calico, and new Notes & Things from Crate Paper.  It's just pretty much UH-MAZ-ING all around!  Now it's time to get to my first layout!!



 
I started creating a layout with the August 2014 Hip Kit & Add-On Kits, right after I picked it up from the doorstep! When I saw the paper patterns and colors, along with the touches of Gold, I just knew this kit was meant for a photo of our oldest daughter riding the carousel. I used a little bit of everything from the Kit on this layout. All of the Pebbles, Studio Calico, Shimelle, Crate Paper and American Crafts products blend so well together. And I wanted to incorporate the cute glassine bag, that held the tiny Gold sequins, so I used it as a ground for my title. And the Gold chevron Washi Tape, was perfect for sealing the glassine bag!


You can bump up your card design, by choosing a patterned paper that reinforces the sentiment. The Studio Calico patterned paper, inspired me to use the sentiment, You Can Count on Me. This was a quick and easy card, and I used the Shimelle letter stickers for my sentiment and embellished with a Shimelle Cork Sticker and one of the pieces from the Crate Paper ephemera pack.

Now it's your turn to RUN..don't walk...over the Hip Kit Shop and grab your August 2014 Hip Kit & Add-On Kits, while they are still available!  You definitely won't be disappointed!

https://www.etsy.com/shop/TheCutShoppe?ref=ss_profile

No comments:

Post a Comment