Thursday, January 8, 2015

Hip Kit Club | Best Smile Ever

Today, I am sharing my first layout and card, using the January 2015 Hip Kits from Hip Kit Club!  I love all of the American Crafts product included in this month's Kits.  Here's a look at the layout and card I created!

 


When I opened the January 2015 Hip Kit & Add-On Kits, the first word that popped in my head was WOW! It was kind of hard to decide what I wanted to work with first! I really liked the striped background patterned paper from the Dear Lizzy Serendipity collection, and decided to use the Hero Arts heart mask in the background. I placed the mask on my background paper and used the Avery Elle stamp pad to add my color. I also wanted to incorporate another patterned paper, so I cut a strip of the Amy Tan kraft paper from the Stitched collection, and added it next to my photo. Then I added some hand stitching to several of the words on the patterned paper. I finished my page by adding two of the Amy Tan wood veneer frames, Thickers, the die cut words from the Dear Lizzy Serendipity collection, and embellishments from Elle's Studio and A Flair for buttons!


I love to use frames on my cards, especially when they are adorable wood veneer frames included in the January 2015 Hip Kit & Add-On Kits! The Amy Tan wood frame gave me a great starting point for my card design. I layered several elements from the Heidi Swapp ephemera pack, to create clustering around the frame. And I love the combo of Pink and Navy, so I pulled products from the Kits, that included these two colors and made them the dominant colors on my card. I finished my card, by adding some messy machine stitching, with White thread.

Did you know that Hip Kit Club is having a DT call??!!  You can check out all of the details on the Blog, HERE!  This is an awesome Team to work with and the kits are always amazing! 

No comments:

Post a Comment