Wednesday, January 14, 2015

A Flair for Buttons | Lucky Us

Today, I am sharing my first layout of 2015 for A Flair for Buttons!  I thought it would be fun to try something a little different, since it's a new year!  I normally use a lot of bright colors on my pages, but as I was looking through my Flair stash, I spotted some Wood Grain Buttons and tought it would be fun to do a Kraft monochromatic look, with touches of Black, White and Gray.  I used the Hello Button from the Woodgrain 2 Flair set and the Just Us Button from the Wood Words Flair set, as the starting point for my page.



The Just Us Button was a perfect fit, to add to the wood veneer frame that I placed over my photo.  And I added the Hello Button to the center of a stitched heart, on my background.  I love that the buttons blend in perfectly with the Kraft look on my page.  I also wanted to add some contrast, so I placed a few Black and Gray patterned papers behind the Pie Hearts cut file, from The Cut Shoppe.



It's always fun to step out of your comfort zone, and try a new look.  Why not try something different in your papercrafting this year!!  And make sure you stop by the A Flair for Buttons Shop for a visit.  Lots of fabulous new Flair sets have been added, and you you won't want to miss them!

Supplies:  Flair Buttons:  A Flair for Buttons; Patterned Paper, Wood Veneer Frame, Bits, Stickers, Stitching Template, Dies, Enamel Dots, Paper Clip & Thickers:  American Crafts; Tiny Attacher:  Tim Holtz; Color Shine:  Heidi Swapp; Pie Hearts Cut File:  The Cut Shoppe; Die Cut Machine:  Silhouette Cameo

https://www.etsy.com/shop/TheCutShoppe?ref=hdr_shop_menu

No comments:

Post a Comment