Tuesday, January 27, 2015

A Flair for Buttons | Bundled Up

Hi everyone!  Yesterday I shared a new layout on the A Flair for Buttons Blog, and I wanted to stop in and share it with you on the Blog today.  I tried something a little different on this layout, and really liked the end result.  Recently, I've been watching some of Wilna Furstenberg's videos, and when I saw her working with the Reeves water color tube paints, I really wanted to give them a try.  So I picked up a set at Michael's and they are so easy to use.  I went with a simple technique on this layout, and just added wide paint strokes in the background of my page.



 
We recently went on an overnight trip at the beginning of January and it was a bit chilly during our trip.  Our son has this puffy Orange coat, that he loves, because Orange is his favorite color!  He looked so cute bundled up in the coat, I snapped some photos of him, and searched in my flair stash for the perfect Flair Buttons to go with my photos!

Since Orange was the dominant color in my photo, I wanted to keep my color scheme to a minimal.  I added the Orange burst Flair and the On This Day Flair to complement the colors on my page.  And I thought they would be perfect layered over the Happy Little Clouds cut file that is available in The Cut Shoppe.  I also added some of the Yellow Reeves water color over the Happy Little Clouds die cut, for an extra pop of color.
 
Make sure you visit the A Flair for Buttons Shop, because tons of new designs have been added!  There are so many to choose from, I can't decide which ones are my favorite!!

https://www.etsy.com/shop/TheCutShoppe?ref=ss_profile

No comments:

Post a Comment