Thursday, April 14, 2016

Crate Paper | Beach Beauty

This is a personal blog. All editorial content and projects are intellectual property of ashleyhortondesigns.com. I do receive compensation and material product from Crate Paper to develop my craft posts, but all ideas and opinions are my own.

I love to mix embellishments and patterned paper, but it's also fun to mix collections too!  I thought it would be fun to create a layout using products from all of my new Crate Paper collections, so I did!  I used a little something from Bloom, Little You Girl, Little You Boy and Hello Love on the layout I'm sharing today.


I wanted an eye catching design in the background, so I used several patterned papers from the Bloom collection, to create pleated flowers.  These are really easy and they add a little bit of whimsy to your projects.  I cut my strips for the flowers in sizes ranging from .75x12 up to 2.5x12 inches.  The height of your pleated flowers on the page, depend on how you score and fold them.  If you want them to be a bit flatter, make smaller score marks along the 12 inch strip.


Since a lot of my work went into the pleated flowers, I kept the rest of the layout to a minimal design.  This way I didn't cover the flowers or overpower them with a lot of extra embellishing.  The patterned papers I used came from the Bloom collection and my embellishments came from Little You and Hello Love.


I used the cute buttons from the Little You Girl collection and the Little You Boy collection, to add to the center of each of the flowers.  And I used more embellishments from both collections to layer over and around my photo.  The cute alpha stickers from the Little You Girl collection were perfect for the title of my layout.  I wanted to bring in another texture, so I chose the XOXO wood veneer piece from Hello Love, to add under my photo.

This was such a fun layout to put together, and I think I might just have to reuse this design some other time!  It's easy to change the look, using different patterned paper and embellishments!
 
https://www.etsy.com/shop/TheCutShoppe

No comments:

Post a Comment