Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Hip Kit Club | What If You Fly

This is a personal blog. All editorial content and projects are intellectual property of ashleyhortondesigns.com. I do receive compensation and material product from Hip Kit Club to develop my craft posts, but all ideas and opinions are my own.

Today I have a new layout to share for Hip Kit Club, using the April 2016 Hip Kit & Add-On Kits!  I took inspiration from our April Mood Board. I wanted to fussy cut those cute butterflies from the Crate Paper patterned paper, included in the April Main Kit and the April Paper Add-On Kit. They were just the right size, to add them to the open spaces of the April In the Stars cut file. And I had several other open spaces on the cut file, so I added some of the Simple Stories heart wood veneers from the April Embellishment Kit.



I also wanted to use a lot of Yellow on the layout, inspired by one of the Mood Board images, so I pulled the Oh Yeah flair button from the April Embellishment Kit and some Shimelle stickers from the April Project Life Kit


For a finishing touch I placed a My Mind's Eye enamel dot in the center of each star, around the die cut, to make them stand out a bit more.  And I also have a new Process Video to go along with my layout!  You can check it out on my YouTube channel.



I love finding different ways to use the Kit products with cut files each week! I hope you've been inspired to use your April Hip Kits!

Before you go, check out the info. for the Hip Kit Club National Scrapbook Day Crop!  This is an annual event and we have so much fun every year!!


https://www.etsy.com/shop/TheCutShoppe

No comments:

Post a Comment