Thursday, April 28, 2016

Pink Paislee | Sugar & Spice

This is a personal blog. All editorial content and projects are intellectual property of ashleyhortondesigns.com. I do receive compensation and material product from Pink Paislee to develop my craft posts, but all ideas and opinions are my own.

It's Flowers week on the Pink Paislee Blog!  If you love using flowers on your layouts, then you definitely need to check out the projects created by the Design Team this week.  I knew I had to use the gorgeous flower patterned paper in the Fancy Free collection by Paige Evans, and fussy cut the flowers for my layout.


I've had a floral ampersand pinned to my Pinterest boards for a while, and it inspired the design for this layout. I also cut a large floral die cut on my Cameo, to layer behind the ampersand.  I cut the ampersand from cardstock and then layered the fussy cut flowers over the shape.  Once all of the flowers were in place, I machine stitched around the ampersand to add a bit more definition and texture.



The die cut floral background was a perfect way to separate the ampersand from the polka dot background.  I also added pop dots behind the ampersand to make it stand out and add dimension to the layout.

 

Since I placed the ampersand in the center of the layout, I decided to use the Paige Thickers across the center of the layout to create the title “Sugar & Spice”. And I thought it would be fun to alternate my photo with one of the embellishments from the chipboard sheet. I also wanted to add another pop to the flowers on the ampersand so I used several of the colored Fancy Free Buttons in the center of the flowers.


Flowers can be used in so many different ways on your layouts and projects!  I hope I've inspired you with some ideas for using flowers on your next project!

 
 https://www.etsy.com/shop/TheCutShoppe

No comments:

Post a Comment