Tuesday, April 26, 2016

A Flair for Buttons | Celebrate Spring

Last year, I didn't get a lot of photos from Easter weekend onto layouts.  This year, I'm trying to use some of the 2015 photos and make sure I document some of our 2016 photos, too.  The Hello Spring Flair set is perfect for spring photos, and I still had several left over from the recent AFFB and The Cut Shoppe product swap.  I chose three buttons from the set, and decided that the Happy Place collection from Fancy Pants would coordinate well with the Flair and the colors in my photo.


I chose the Happy Place collection based on the color scheme, even though I knew I didn't have a lot of embellishments left after using it so many times.  So I decided to do a less is more look on this layout.  The Flair Buttons from the Hello Spring set were the perfect substitute for the lack of embellishments I had to go with the collection, and I also mixed in several die cuts.

 
I wanted each of the Flair Buttons to have their own spot on the layout, so I welded several messy circle die cuts together to create the die cut background.  The smallest circles on the die cut were just the right size for the Flair.  And I made sure to adhere a contrasting patterned paper behind each of the small circles, so the Flair buttons would stand out.

This is a personal blog. All editorial content and projects are intellectual property of ashleyhortondesigns.com. I do receive compensation and material product from A Flair for Buttons to develop my craft posts, but all ideas and opinions are my own.   

Next time you have a collection that you want to use that's short on embellishments, take a look at your Flair Buttons, and find coordinating colors or designs.  And if you're interested in picking up the Hello Spring Flair set, you can visit the A Flair for Buttons shop and find it HERE!

Il_570xN.953702560_1ndn

 https://www.etsy.com/shop/TheCutShoppe

No comments:

Post a Comment