Friday, April 22, 2016

Hip Kit Club | Hello, Hello

This is a personal blog. All editorial content and projects are intellectual property of ashleyhortondesigns.com. I do receive compensation and material product from Hip Kit Club to develop my craft posts, but all ideas and opinions are my own.

Happy Friday!  I'm here to share a new layout for Hip Kit Club, using the April 2016 Hip Kit & Add-On Kits! I love that the April Kits kind of include a mini kit filled with Pinkfresh Studio goodies. I used some of the Pinkfresh Studio papers and embellishments from the April 2016 Main Kit, with one of our free April cut files for this layout.


I started by cutting the Hello title cut file from one of the Amy Tangerine papers from the Main Kit and the April 2016 Paper Add-On Kit. Once I had the cut file ready, I adhered it to the Pinkfresh Studio background paper and then placed several of the Pinkfresh Studio acetate words around it. I like the way the acetate words and cut file balance out the heart pattern at the top of the background paper.


I added a few more Pinkfresh embellishments around my photos and mixed in some Simple Stories wood veneers from the April 2016 Embellishment Kit. I felt like the page needed just a little extra something to complete it, so I fussy cut a few butterflies from one of the Crate Paper, Inc. patterned papers and placed them around the layout.

  
So if you're looking for a way to mix the Hip Kit Club cut files with the products in your Kit, I hope I've inspired a few ideas for you to try on your next layout!  And if you would like to see more on how I put this layout together, you can check out my Process Video on YouTube!


Hope you have a great weekend!!

 
https://www.etsy.com/shop/TheCutShoppe

No comments:

Post a Comment