Friday, April 8, 2016

Pink Paislee | Paige Kits Card Couple

This is a personal blog. All editorial content and projects are intellectual property of ashleyhortondesigns.com. I do receive compensation and material product from Pink Paislee to develop my craft posts, but all ideas and opinions are my own. 

The Paige Kits created by Paige Evans for her Fancy Free collection, with Pink Paislee are so fun!  You can get the look of Paige's signature style on your layouts, but what about other uses for the Paige Kits?  I used them to create two cards, that were on the Pink Paislee Blog yesterday, and loved the way they turned out!



I really love the die cuts that are included in the Paige Kits. But they are both obviously a little large for cards, so I thought of a different way to use the heart die cut. I placed the heart over a white cardstock card base and traced the triangle shapes with a pencil. Then I used a paper piercer to poke holes along the lines for stitching. I chose 5 colors of embroidery floss that coordinate with the Fancy Free collection and hand stitched each of the triangles. Once you finish stitching, you can cut a piece of patterned paper to the dimensions of your card base and adhere it to the inside of the card to cover your stitching.  




I kept the rest of the card fairly simple so the stitched pattern wouldn’t be completely covered. I wanted to use the “love this” acetate phrase as the sentiment on my card so I placed it on a tilt and used a stapler to attach the words to the card. I completed the design with a few of the pop out heart shapes included in the Paige Kit.

You could create an alternate look for your card with the die cut heart using patterned paper: instead of tracing the triangle shapes directly onto your card, trace them on different patterned papers. Then you can cut out all of the shapes, place the die cut heart over your card base, and then adhere the patterned paper shapes into the coordinating spot on the die cut heart. Once you pull it up, you will have a fun pattern on the front of your card!

I created a different look on my second card by mixing one of the Paige Kits with some of the patterned papers from the Fancy Free collection. I covered my card base and then cut the manufacturer strips from four different patterned papers. Then I added a strip along each edge of the card. I wanted some extra texture on my card, so I machine stitched around the entire outside edge before embellishing.



The Paige Kit included the word “Today” in a navy chipboard piece. I knew that it would make the perfect sentiment for my card. The letters were too large to go across the front of the card as one word so I split it to create fun look. Then I took a couple of the punch out pieces and added them to the card to finish it. I even had the negative chipboard piece leftover from the word “Today”, so I’m saving it to use on a future layout or project! 

If you've been waiting to get your hands on the Paige Kits or any of the new Fancy Free collection, your wait should be over soon!  It's already starting to show up in some stores, so make sure you check in to see if your favorite shop has it!



https://www.etsy.com/shop/TheCutShoppe




I really love the die cuts that are included in the Paige Kits. But they are both obviously a little large for cards, so I thought of a different way to use the heart die cut. I placed the heart over a white cardstock card base and traced the triangle shapes with a pencil. Then I used a paper piercer to poke holes along the lines for stitching. I chose 5 colors of embroidery floss that coordinate with the Fancy Free collection and hand stitched each of the triangles. Once you finish stitching, you can cut a piece of patterned paper to the dimensions of your card base and adhere it to the inside of the card to cover your stitching. - See more at: http://www.pinkpaislee.com/?p=49795#sthash.DRHodqPa.dpuf

No comments:

Post a Comment