Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Hip KIt Club | Emma & Whiskers

This is a personal blog. All editorial content and projects are intellectual property of ashleyhortondesigns.com. I do receive compensation and material product from Hip Kit Club to develop my craft posts, but all ideas and opinions are my own.

What's your favorite strategy for starting a layout, once your Hip Kit from Hip Kit Club arrives? Me? I like to start with either a favorite patterned paper or color scheme from the Kit, and that's exactly what I did for my first layout using the April 2016 Hip Kit & Add-On Kits.


I wanted to cut Kim Watson's April cut file from a multi-colored patterned paper, so I used the hexagon pattern designed by Amy Tangerine for American Crafts from the ‪Better Together collection. Since the ampersand was such a large design on the page, I layered over it with another of the April cut files and my title. I used the Pinkfresh Studio ‪Life Noted Puffy alpha stickers to create a large title across the page.


I brought a little more color to the layout with rub-ons from the Better Together collection, and I added some watercolor to the hearts on the Elle's Studio paper included in the April 2016 Main Kit and the April 2016 Paper Add-On Kit. I also wanted a bit more dimension on the layout, so I used a couple of the wood veneers from My Mind's Eye included in the April 2016 Project Life Kit. 


I had so much fun putting the first of April's layouts together, and I created a new Process Video to go along with my layout!

  
I can't wait to share again with you next week!

http://www.hipkitclub.net/

https://www.etsy.com/shop/TheCutShoppe

No comments:

Post a Comment