Monday, April 4, 2016

Pink Paislee | Dream Big

This is a personal blog. All editorial content and projects are intellectual property of ashleyhortondesigns.com. I do receive compensation and material product from Pink Paislee to develop my craft posts, but all ideas and opinions are my own.   

Last week the Pink Paislee Designers shared projects with the Fancy Free collection by Paige Evans!  I'm stopping in today, to share my layout that was on the Pink Paislee Blog on Friday.



I love using cut files with patterned paper, so I thought it would be fun to use the I'll Fly Away cut file from The Cut Shoppe with the patterned papers from the Fancy Free collection.  I used a variety of the papers to add behind the butterflies, once the design was cut out on my Silhouette Cameo.


I decided to add my photo on the top right hand corner and the title on the opposite side of the layout and at the bottom.  This placement kept the butterfly background from being covered by two large elements on my page.  And I used a black & white photo to contrast all of the color from the Fancy Free collection.


I finished the layout by adding a mix of embellishments to the center.  I love all of the motion on the layout from the butterfly design, title and embellishment placement!


Fancy Free is already starting to show up in some stores, so make sure you keep checking your favorite shop!  

https://www.etsy.com/shop/TheCutShoppe

No comments:

Post a Comment