Friday, April 1, 2016

Hip Kit Club | Flower Girl

This is a personal blog. All editorial content and projects are intellectual property of ashleyhortondesigns.com. I do receive compensation and material product from Hip Kit Club to develop my craft posts, but all ideas and opinions are my own.

Flowers, flowers and more flowers! That's what my newest layout, using the March 2016 Hip Kits from Hip Kit Club, is all about!  And I may have added just a "touch" of color to the layout!!



I knew I had to find a way to incorporate the flowers from the BasicGrey Flower Kit included in the March 2016 Embellishment Kit. I thought it would be fun to work them into a circle design, so I cut a large circle from the White cardstock included in the March 2016 Cardstock Add-On Kit. Then I placed it over one of the Pinkfresh Studio patterned papers in the March 2016 Main Kit, and then I arranged the flowers so they would peek through the circle shape.


I also wanted to add a hand-stitched title, so I sketched the words "Flower Girl" with my Silhouette Sketch Pens. Then I stitched each of them with embroidery floss that matched the colors of the flowers. This layout already had a lot of color, but I thought it would be fun to bring in more color with a border around the layout, using the Pinkfresh Studio Washi Tape Stickers from the Main Kit. I finished my layout by adding several embellishments and by layering a few Elle's Studio goodies over my photo.



I hope I've shown you some fun inspiration for using the Basic Grey flowers in this month's kit!!

https://www.etsy.com/shop/TheCutShoppe

No comments:

Post a Comment