Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Pink Paislee | Altered Embroidery Hoop

This is a personal blog. All editorial content and projects are intellectual property of ashleyhortondesigns.com. I do receive compensation and material product from Pink Paislee to develop my craft posts, but all ideas and opinions are my own.  

I love Thickers, but always have letters left over in all of my packs.  This week the Pink Paislee team is sharing ideas for using Thickers on your layouts and projects.  I wanted to create an altered embroidery hoop using the letters from the Paige Thickers in the Fancy Free collection, that never seem to get used.  I have a tutorial to share, showing how I used the embroidery hoop and Thickers to create my altered project.

   

Step 1: Select an embroidery hoop that fits the size of your project and a patterned paper you would like for covering your hoop.



Step 2: Loosen the outer ring of your embroidery hoop and remove the inside ring. Use a pencil to trace around the outside hoop or cut a circle on your electronic die cut machine to the same dimensions as your embroidery hoop.



Step 3: Decorate your patterned paper circle before adding it to the embroidery hoop. I used the Paige Thickers from the Fancy Free collection to create a textured background over my patterned paper. 



Step 4: Once you are finished placing all of the Thickers there will be some that overlap the edge of your circle. Use small scissors to carefully trim away the excess Thickers.



Step 5: Add adhesive around the edge of the embroidery hoop. Carefully adhere your patterned paper circle over the top side of the hoop. Then you can put the two hoops back together.

 
Tip: You could also add your patterned paper on the bottom side of the embroidery hoop to create a recessed design.


I loved using an embroidery hoop for this project!  I hope I've inspired you to find fun ways to use those unused Thickers, in your next crafty project!


https://www.etsy.com/shop/TheCutShoppe

No comments:

Post a Comment