Saturday, June 25, 2016

Hip Kit Club | Beach Life

This is a personal blog. All editorial content and projects are intellectual property of ashleyhortondesigns.com. I do receive compensation and material product from Hip Kit Club to develop my craft posts, but all ideas and opinions are my own.

I can't resist a grid design, and since our Weekly Challenge on the Hip Kit Club Facebook Member Forum this past week, was creating a grid on your layout, it was the perfect excuse to use one on my layout!  I used Silhouette Sketch Pens to draw my grid lines on the background paper, and then stitched over them with Black embroidery floss. I love having the sections of the grid for adding my photos and embellishments.


This layout includes two photos, and then I used the rest of the spaces for my title and embellishments. The Jillibean Soup Beanboard Alphabet worked perfectly for my title, because of the dark contrast against the background paper. I added two of the Crate Paper  rubber charm tags, in the larger sections of the grid. I made sure to measure the sizes of the tags, before I created the grid in Silhouette Studio, so I would be sure they fit. I brought in a few more Simple Stories embellishments, including the Alphabet & Word Stickers, Enamel Dots and Brads.


I also used a good bit of the ‪Hip Kit Club Exclusive pieces from the June Ephemera Pack, that's also available in the Main Kit. And I did work in some of our June cut files for this layout, in a bit more subtle way this week. I used the asterisk design in Kim's subscriber cut file set, because it reminded me of a sun design, which worked well with the beach theme of my layout! I had so much fun putting this layout together, and loved using the grid design.


You can play along with our Weekly Challenges on the Hip Kit Club Member Forum on Facebook!  We just kicked off a new challenge yesterday, and you could win $10 to the Hip Kit Club shop.  You don't have to use Hip Kit Club products to participate. 


https://www.etsy.com/shop/TheCutShoppe

No comments:

Post a Comment