Thursday, June 30, 2016

Hip Kit Club | This Sweet Girl

This is a personal blog. All editorial content and projects are intellectual property of ashleyhortondesigns.com. I do receive compensation and material product from Hip Kit Club to develop my craft posts, but all ideas and opinions are my own.

I'm stopping in today to share my newest layout using the June 2016 Hip Kit & Add-On Kits from Hip Kit Club! Flowers, fussy cutting and cut files...these are just a few of my favorite things, and I incorporated all of them into my layout. I chose several of the Simple Stories papers from the June 2016 Main Kit for my layout. I wanted the cut file, cut from White cardstock to pop against the Teal background paper. And I loved the pops of color from the fussy cut flowers, that I layered over and under the cut file.


This layout ended up with a lot of fun dimension and texture. I added several of the Jillibean Soup wood veneers for a textural contrast, as well as some of the Simple Stories brads and enamel dots. I love to work in as many embellishments as I can from the Kits, so I also used the Crate Paper rubber charms from the Bloom collection and one of the Chipboard phrases from Heidi Swapp. And I couldn't resist using some of the cute buttons from the Pink Paislee ‪Fancy Free collection. I love how well the colors coordinated with the Simple Stories Sunshine and Happiness collection.


I wanted just a touch of spray mist on the layout, so I sprinkled on Black Color Shine to add a little bit of a graphic look to the layout. If you're looking for fun ways to use the Hip Kit Club monthly cut files, then make sure you stay tuned each Tuesday for a new layout. 


And if you want to see the process for the layout, you can check out my new YouTube video, showing how I altered the cut file in Silhouette Studio.


https://www.etsy.com/shop/TheCutShoppe
 

No comments:

Post a Comment