Monday, June 13, 2016

Pink Paislee | That's What Little Boys are Made of

This is a personal blog. All editorial content and projects are intellectual property of ashleyhortondesigns.com. I do receive compensation and material product from Pink Paislee to develop my craft posts, but all ideas and opinions are my own.  

Have you had a chance to check out the new Outfitters collection from Pink Paislee??!!  It's a fun outdoorsy collection, but it's also perfect for creating masculine layouts.  Last week I shared a layout with a Snips & Snails theme on the Blog, using a mix of goodies from the Outfitter's collection.



I wanted to incorporate a lot of color from the collection, so I die cut a large title on one of the more subtle patterns for my background. After the title finished cutting, I backed it with several patterned papers from the collection. And instead of using my Cameo to cut the entire title, I left part of it out so I could go back in and add the rest with Thickers from the Outfitters collection.


Since I had such a large title, I didn’t need to over embellish the layout. I used a few pieces from the ephemera, tags, and badges packs. And some of the cute puffy stickers were a must, layered near my photo. I love the awesome textures the embellishments in this collection have… there is a great leather feel to the badges and a burlap feel to the tags!


Once I had all of the embellishments in place, I felt like the outer edges of the layout needed a little something more… one of my favorite patterned papers from the collection to the rescue! Paper #08 has a fun striped, multi-color pattern. I cut several strips from the paper in different lengths and added them to the left and right side edges of the layout. For extra texture, I machine stitched through each of the paper pieces. And I thought it would be fun to add a little bit of matching watercolor to some of the strips, for a mixed media look.


What other fun ways can you think of for using the Outfitters collection?  There are lots of possibilities, and I definitely can't wait to use it again!
 
https://www.etsy.com/shop/TheCutShoppe

No comments:

Post a Comment