Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Hip Kit Club | Love Today

This is a personal blog. All editorial content and projects are intellectual property of ashleyhortondesigns.com. I do receive compensation and material product from Hip Kit Club to develop my craft posts, but all ideas and opinions are my own.

I'm stopping in today, with a new layout for Hip Kit Club, using the May 2016 Hip Kit & Add-On Kits!  I mixed the May Kit with one of the free May cut files, and created a stitching template on my layout. I chose White cardstock from the May Cardstock Add-On Kit as my background. I wanted a clean background, so the stitching and embellishments would stand out.


You can check out my new process video that goes along with the layout, to see how I stitched the Love cut file.


Once I finished stitching, I placed my photo at the top of the layout, so it wouldn't get lost in all of the embellishing. I like to call this type of layout, an everything but the kitchen sink layout, because I added just a little bit of everything from the May Kits. I used a lot of ‪Hip Kit Club Exclusives and mixed them with Bella Blvd enamel hearts, Jillibean Soup wood veneers, Simple Stories frame, and Echo Park Paper enamel dots.


Even though my photo was small, I highlighted it with a few of the fussy cut triangles from one of the exclusive papers designed by Kim Watson, and several embellishments from the May Embellishment Kit and the May Project Life Kit.

 
 Thanks for stopping in today!
 
https://www.etsy.com/shop/TheCutShoppe

No comments:

Post a Comment