Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Crate Paper | Big Fish

This is a personal blog. All editorial content and projects are intellectual property of ashleyhortondesigns.com. I do receive compensation and material product from Crate Paper to develop my craft posts, but all ideas and opinions are my own.

I love using the Crate Paper Bloom 6x6 Paper Pad to create paper pieced backgrounds for my layouts.  I wanted to use a cut file from The Cut Shoppe, that allowed me to add several patterned papers behind the shape, and also hand stitch around the edge of the cut file.


The cut file and patterned papers did most of the work for me on this layout.  It took the most time adding the hand stitching, but I love the definition it gives around each of the shapes.


Since I had a lot going on with the background, I didn't need to add a lot of embellishing to the layout.  I used some of the Bloom Ephemera pieces, Chipboard, Accent Stickers and Delights to embellish the layout.  


I love the end result with the bright pops of color backing the cut file!  This is also a great way to use any of your left over pieces of patterned paper, that you just can't bring yourself to throw away!!
 
https://www.etsy.com/shop/TheCutShoppe

No comments:

Post a Comment