Friday, June 10, 2016

Crate Paper | Ahoy There

This is a personal blog. All editorial content and projects are intellectual property of ashleyhortondesigns.com. I do receive compensation and material product from Crate Paper to develop my craft posts, but all ideas and opinions are my own.

Are you ready to dive into summer layouts and projects?  The Crate Paper Design Team has been sharing ideas for your summer crafting all this week, and I wanted to stop in today with my layout that was on the Blog earlier this week.  I used the Bloom collection from Maggie Holmes, and started my layout by looking for bright, summery colors.



I love the color Yellow, so I just had to use the Yellow Chevron side of the Garden Party paper for my background. I like having a pattern design in the background that still lets your photos and embellishments stand out. I thought it would be fun to create a large title on the layout, so I used my Silhouette Cameo to cut “Ahoy There”. The open letters of the title, were perfect for incorporating more color and pattern into my layout.



The photo I wanted to use on my layout, had a lot of contrasting colors and didn’t coordinate well with the Bloom collection. Instead of switching to a different photo, I decided to edit my photo and make it black & white. I really like the contrast of the black & white photo with the bright colors on the layout.


When it came to embellishing the layout, I used pieces from the Bloom collection that could be used with any type of layout theme. I always love to use the phrases from the Accent Stickers sheet, and there were several that worked for my layout. The banner piece from the Chipboard sheet, added great dimension, and I liked having it layered over the white space in my photo. The Delights layered embellishment and Teal Tassel, added a nice bit of texture to the layout. And I even managed to squeeze in a few embellishments from the Little You collection!


Take some time to browse through your Crate Paper collections, and see what colors and embellishments would work for your next summer layout!

https://www.etsy.com/shop/TheCutShoppe

No comments:

Post a Comment