Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Pink Paislee | Beachcombers

This is a personal blog. All editorial content and projects are intellectual property of ashleyhortondesigns.com. I do receive compensation and material product from Pink Paislee to develop my craft posts, but all ideas and opinions are my own.

It's Summer Week on the Pink Paislee Blog, and I kicked things off yesterday, with a new layout using the Solstice collection.  I love holding on to my collections even when I have only a little bit left, and finding fun ways to create a layout.  


Most of my full 12x12 papers from the collection had already been used, so I grabbed a 2 inch punch and punched out lots of circles from what I had left.  Then I cut each of the circles in half.  I put the halves together on the one 12x12 sheet I had left, to create my background look.


And since I was also low on embellishments, I made my photo a bit larger than my typical size.  I liked having the larger photo, because it allowed me to add some of my embellishments right over it.  Layering the title and some of the embellishments on the photo, helped them to stand out from the background design.



I finished the layout, by adding a few embellishments from the Solstice Ephemera Pack around the background.  I used my tiny attacher to adhere the acrylic pieces, which is an easy way to attach them to your layout, and also adds more texture to the page.


Take a look back and see what Pink Paislee collections you still have on hand. If you don’t have a lot of the collection left, you can get creative with it and make it work for a new project. And if you have still have some of the Solstice collection in your stash, go ahead and grab it to go along with your upcoming summer photos this year!
 
https://www.etsy.com/shop/TheCutShoppe

No comments:

Post a Comment