Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Hip Kit Club | Live Colorfully

This is a personal blog. All editorial content and projects are intellectual property of ashleyhortondesigns.com. I do receive compensation and material product from Hip Kit Club to develop my craft posts, but all ideas and opinions are my own.

I'm stopping in today, to share my first layout with the June 2016 Hip Kits from Hip Kit ClubI wanted to use our June Sketch for this first layout. The circle design went along perfectly with the cut file I designed for this month. I cut the design from White cardstock included in the June 2016 Cardstock Add-On and backed each one with patterned paper from the June 2016 Main Kit. I used a mix of Pink Paislee, Simple Stories and Pebbles Inc. patterned papers behind the cut files.


Once the cut files were backed and machine stitched, I added them to one of the Hip Kit Club Exclusive papers for my background. There are so many fun embellishments in the June Kits, and I loved using them to finish the layout. The Dear Lizzy Die Cut Watercolor Phrases in the Main Kit, worked perfectly for my title. The rest of my embellishments came from the June 2016 Embellishment Kit and the June 2016 Project Life Kit. I love the different textures created by the Simple Stories enamel dots, Jillibean Soup wood veneers, Heidi Swapp and Fancy Free buttons.


Once I finished all of the embellishing, I covered my photo, and added some splatters of Black spray mist with Color Shine from my stash. I had so much fun on my first layout with the June Kits and the June Sketch!


You can play along with our Weekly Challenge going on through Thursday, using the June Sketch as inspiration. Check it out in the Hip Kit Club Member Forum!


https://www.etsy.com/shop/TheCutShoppe
   

No comments:

Post a Comment