Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Get Well Soon!

Back in September, my little boy smacked his head on the base of our brick fireplace and busted his head open near his brow-line (mommy did not handle this so well!!).  We took him to the ER and he ended up getting 6 internal stitches and 7 external stitches (fortunately, I had regained composure once we made it to the hospital!!).  Definitely not a fun experience for a 2 year old little boy.  These pictures are from the next day and you can imagine how difficult it is to get a rambunctious little boy to sit down and rest.  But I definitely tried my best!!  :)  I had cartoons on for him and was busy doing a little house work.  After a while, I noticed he was awfully still and quiet...very out of the usual for him.  I peeked around the corner and found him fast asleep in the recliner...with his Crocs on, no less!  :)  I was so happy to see him resting...and still...because he was making me a nervous wreck still running around after being stitched back up.

And even more to the story...this happened on a Wednesday morning and we were supposed to have the stitches removed the next Tuesday.  Somehow, he managed to pick out 2 of the 7 stitches within that time frame.  Well, we went and had the remainder of the stitches removed that Tuesday morning and much to our disbelief, we were back at the ER that night having 12 more put in!!  Apparently, when we put him in bed that night, the cut opened back up, because it had not healed completely!!!  By that time, I was threatening to make him wear a football helmet from here on out!!  But he is all healed and much better now.  I really wanted to get these pictures scrapped, but wasn't sure what route to take with them.  One of the challenges hosted by my friend Erika at Club CK, was to use a card as inspiration for your layout or project.  I decided to open up my trusty Pinterest account and see what I could find.  I typed in Get Well Card and the perfect little ole' card popped up.  Here is the page I created from the inspiration:




And here is the cute little card that I used as my inspiration piece:


Thanks for stopping by today and I hope you have a great-injury free-week!!  :)

Products Used:

Cardstock:  Bazzill
Patterned Paper:  October Afternoon & Simple Stories
Stickers, Letter Stickers, Buttons, & Rubber Charms:  October Afternoon
Pen:  Sharpie
Brads:  The Paper Studio
Embroidery Floss:  Janlynn

8 comments:

  1. Great card, great take on it, and great resulting layout. Not such a great story though it sounds like it has a great ending. :) Glad to hear the little one's doing better. When mine was 2, he landed head-first on a sliding glass door track. Luckily they were able to glue it rather than stitch it but it seems in the 2yrs since (I think it was SuperBowl Sunday it happened actually), that spot is a magnet for every bump and bruise he gets on his head.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad he's all better! great inspirational LO!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is way too cute, Ashley!! The photos are precious!! I love all the fun gears and buttons, so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhh... your poor little man! What a trooper! The layout you created is too cute! And you did a fabulous job using that darling card as your inspiration piece!

    barb :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Poor baby :( I remember you talking about this on FB... I loveeeeeeeeee the lo you made to document this!! FAB! :):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww! So sweet! Great lay-out!
    Carri~abusybee
    www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely take on the card but good grief what a horrific tale you tell. Thank goodness he is all fine now :0) I love this lo, even more so as I always struggle with lo's for boys! Also got to tell you that I love your sketch for FD and just read a comment you left on someone's blog saying you forgot to do a lo for it, lol!! Have a great day, Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  8. poor little guy, glad he's better, you did a great job with this layout, it's adorable, love anything OA!!

    ReplyDelete