Tuesday, January 10, 2012

TuTu Much Fun!!

I am so glad I got to take a little time today and work on the 1.5 sketch challenge for Sketchy Thursdays...and I've really needed some scrap therapy today!  It's been one of those days!!  This was a fun page to put together, because I finally broke out the awesome Christmas Wishes collection from Bella Blvd., that I ordered from Two Peas last month.  So this is my inaugural layout using this fun collection.  How can you make a bad page using such cute papers and embellies??!!  It actually took me a while to get this page finished, because I thought it would be fun to make my own lace cardstock with my Expression.  I just used my Sure Cuts A Lot program to add varying circles together and then welded and cut.  And another great thing about the Christmas Wishes line is that it really complimented the colors in my photo!  I always like to pull colors from my photos to use to choose my papers for a page.  This photo is from Christmas Eve.  My cousin made the girls these adorable matching tutu's and of course I had to make them pose for a picture!

 


I added the cute little outlined stars with the button centers for the Weekend Warm Up #22 challenge at ScrapFIT, which is using Stars on your layout or project.


Products Used:

Paper, Stickers, & Chipboard:  Bella Blvd.
Brads:  The Paper Studio
Pearls:  Kasier Craft
Baker's Twine:  The Twinery
Buttons:  Michael's
Embroidery Floss:  Janlynn
Thickers:  American Crafts
Tiny Type:  Cosmo Cricket

13 comments:

  1. Love your take on the sketch and the yellow in the middle of the layout :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too cute Ashley! Love all the fun elements!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ashley, I just love love love that yellow "holey" paper look!! What an awesome idea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love love love this Ashley!! LOVING that photo and the tree! Thanks so much for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays! :):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous page! I love the banner! Thanks for playing with Sketchy Thursdays!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Ashley! Your page is just too cute! Love it! Great layers on it. Fun!! Thanks for playing along with us at Sketchy Thursdays!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I love the yellow,circley background thingy! It's all so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. such a fun page!! Love your layering!!! Thanks sooo much for playing along with ScrapFIT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So so adorable Ashley! I love that paper collection, too! Thanks for joining us at Sketchy Thursdays!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous, as always, Ashley! This is such a fun & festive Christmas page...I love the circle background piece...and your banner! I'm so glad you played with us at ScrapFIT!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so adorable!! Love how you layered all the different shapes and colors! Thanks for joining us for the Weekend Warm-Up at ScrapFIT! ~ Blessings

    http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. this is lovely Ashley, I love the yellow in the background, it just pops and makes the whole page!!

    ReplyDelete