Thursday, January 26, 2012

Halloween Tricksters

Well, it's almost February and I am working on a Halloween layout...go figure!!  But I've really been itching to get started on Case File #3 at CSI this week!!  When you see my layout compared to the inspiration photo, you'll probably ask yourself, "what was she thinking??"!!  For some reason, when I saw the color scheme, I just kept thinking I wanted to do something for Halloween with this challenge...so I did!!  :)  Here is my layout and then I'll do a little explaning:





See what I mean??!!  But honestly, once it was all finished, I think it really worked.  I cut out a circle pattern lace cardstock on my Cricut and put it over the two tags at the top.  I also pleated half of the wide, pink ribbon that goes across my page.  Since I was going for non-traditional Halloween anyway, I added a few layered, hand-made flowers and some small butterflies.  If you are wondering where in the world the Orange came from, the CSI rules say that you can add in one accent color as long as it is only 10% on your page.  I thought it would help pop out the Orange's in my photos and add that little element of a "real" Halloween page.  

The elements I used for this weeks challenge are the tags, sheer ribbon, and doily-cut embellies from my Cricut.  For the journaling part of the challenge, I journaled on a tag.

If you haven't stopped by CSI, I encourage you to drop by and check out their challenges!  A new challenge is posted each Friday night and on Tuesday's they choose 5 layouts that are "Under Surveillance" and several more that are on the "Watch List".  My layout "Chilly Willy" was actually chosen last week for the "Watch List" and it was my first time to play along.  It was a happy surprise to see it there!!  :)

Products Used:

Cardstock:  Bazzill

Patterned Paper:  Die Cuts with a View
Brads:  The Paper Studio
Embroidery Floss:  Janlynn
Punch:  Martha Stewart
Edgers:  Provo Craft
Baker's Twine:  The Twinery
Thickers:  American Crafts
Mini Round Gems:  Recollections
Font:  CK Fraternity
Other:  Ribbon

3 comments:

  1. Soooooo fun! I loveeeeee the colors, the photos and those butterflies! :):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ashley: i love seeing your layouts over at CSI! Love your intreprations of the challenges! I'm so glad you found us! ;) Oh yea,, love your new blog look...wanna design mine for me??

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is adorable! love that you used other colors than the traditional orange and black for a halloween layout...love the green faces, too cute!! Your cutouts are great, really adds something special to the page :)

    ReplyDelete