Monday, January 2, 2012

The Birthday Girl!

Our middle daughter had the unfortunate luck of being born the day after Christmas, so we try to do something on the actual day to make it a little special for her.  She was almost a Christmas day baby...contractions started after Christmas lunch, but we didn't head for the hospital until the next morning at 5:30AM!!  :)  Since she has reached the big "4", we let her decide what she wanted to do this year and so we all headed out to see the new Alvin & the Chipmunks movie, "Chip Wrecked".  I also gave  her several restaurant choices, one of them being Cracker Barrel since she loves it so much, and I hoped that wouldn't be her choice, but of course it was!!  :)  We finished up the night with some frozen yogurt at Moo Che Che and her Nana & Big Daddy brought her a brand new (toy) Horse and she was ecstatic!!  So, all in all, I think she had a great birthday and she even gave me some big smiles for some birthday pics, which I used to create this layout based on the 12.29 sketch at Sketchy Thursdays.




Products Used:

Paper:  Simple Stories
Stickers:  Simple Stories
Pom Pom Trim:  Wrights
Thickers:  American Crafts
Baker's Twine:  The Twinery
Buttons:  Michael's
Edgers:  Provo Craft
Pen:  Zig

5 comments:

  1. So so so sooooooooooooooo cute cute cute!! I loveeeee those photos!!! And I hear ya on having a Christmas baby... my oldest was born on Christmas day and he has always celebrated it on another day so he can have a special day to himself! Thanks so much for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays! :):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fun and cute layout!! My Emma chose to go see Chipwrecked for her bday too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this!! There is so much cuteness going on here :) So I guess we both have "Christmas" babies LOL :)
    Thanks for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays

    ReplyDelete