Saturday, January 7, 2012

Somethin' Fishy's Goin' On!

So yesterday was my birthday and I decided to work on a layout just for fun...no DT projects or challenges.  I must admit it took me a while, because I had to stop and start about 20 times, but it finally got finished before I went to bed last night.  I've gotten in the very bad habit lately of working on current photos and leaving older ones without pages...like back to April of 2011.  So I am going to try and start making myself get some of those older photos scrapped.

These pictures are from September, when the kids went to a nature class at our local Nature Resource center.  The instructors took the kids out and caught tons of minnows in nets and then dumped them on the pier for the kids to see.  Mine, of course loved picking them up, and throwing them back in the water.  I didn't get great pictures, because for some reason I only had my phone with me that day.  My favorite photo is the one with all of the kids' heads over the bucket.  They we so interested in what those fish were doing in that bucket.  I used a mix of Echo Park papers on this page, from the Sweet Summertime, Splash, and A Walk in the Park collections.




And just a fun sidenote:  That journaling tag is from a t-shirt that I got for my birthday!  You can find scrappy supplies everywhere if you look hard enough!!  :)

Products Used:

Paper:  The Paper Studio, Echo Park, & BoBunny
Embroidery Floss:  Janlynn
Font:  CK Jolly Elf
Baker's Twine:  The Twinery
Stickers:  Echo Park
Buttons:  Michael's
Embossing:  Sizzix Big Shot & Provo Craft
Brad:  Bazzill
Edgers:  Provo Craft

4 comments:

  1. This is SO CUTE, Ashley!! I love the Echo Park papers and that wooden background! It reminds me of a dock...so perfect for these pics. I love the bubbles, the fish, and I love all the different fun things going on in the title. Another amazing page!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun layout Ashley!! I love the bright colors against that fabulous wood paper! Isn't it nice to get back to scrapping just for the thrill of scrapping?!?! I worked on three layouts this weekend, and while they were all for DT work using kits, I had compelete freedom, no sketch, no challenge criteria, simply create using the supplies...it was fabulous!! Here's for more "us" creating time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ashley... this is darling!! Oh my word!! I love the mix of papers and the way you did the title is so creative!! It's going to be a good scrappy year for you!! I'm glad you got to spend your birthday the way you wanted... scrapping!!

    Barb :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this layout Ashley. The title is awesome! I often forget my camera too and have to settle for phone photos....I need to get myself a small camera that I can keep in my purse :)

    ReplyDelete