Monday, January 16, 2012

On the Case!!

Yesterday, I discovered a new challenge Blog and I am SO GLAD I did!!  Let me just say, FUN, FUN, FUN!!  Want to know what it is??!!  CSI...Color, Stories, Inspiration!  A new "Case File" is posted each Friday evening and it gives you the opportunity to work "The Scene", "The Scheme", "Evidence", and "Testimony" into your pages.  Basically, the scene is an inspiration image, you have 5 colors you must use, you have to use 2 or more from the evidence, and the testimony involves your journaling!  I really had a lot of fun on this page and went a little out of my normal design, but it's what I envisioned for these cute photos of my middle daughter all bundled up for our trip to one of their nature classes.

  




When I started this page, I realized that I probably haven't used circular photos in the last 5 years!!  :)  But I thought they were perfect for this page.  I chose flourishes, flowers, and a sheer element from the inspiration photo.  For my journaling, I journaled from the adventure aspect.  I thought the color scheme provided a perfect wintry backdrop for my photos.  All of the flowers are handmade and layered with brads for the centers.  The blue flourishes were fussy cut from a piece of Fancy Pants paper and I added a little inking on this one with some Tim Holtz distress ink.  I also added a little bit of adhesive around the edge of the purple circle and sprinkled it with some Star Dust Glitter from Fancy Pants.

I hope you enjoyed stopping by to look at my page and I hope you will take a minute to check out the challenges at CSI!

Products Used:

Cardstock:  BoBunny
Patterned Paper:  BoBunny & Fancy Pants
Glitter:  Fancy Pants
Brads: The Paper Studio
Sparkles:  Close to My Heart
Tiny Type:  Cosmo Cricket
Mini Market Stickers:  October Afternoon
Thickers:  American Crafts
Ink:  Tim Holtz (Ranger)
Rosette Trim:  Tim Holtz
Baker's Twine:  Baker's Twine
Embossing:  Sizzix & Provo Craft
Edgers:  Provo Craft
Punches:  Marvy
Pen:  Zig

6 comments:

  1. This is such an awesome layout Ashley! I'm glad you found CSI - love to have with us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the circles!! They look amazing on the layout! Awesome job with the flowers too! So glad you played along, and I can't wait to see your next layout!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhhhhhhhhh how fun!! I loveeeeeee the photos, the colors and the flowers! :):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw this page on Ck and just loved it! The colors are awesome and I love the circles! great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Let me say... your blog looks amazing!! I love the new look! Now, about this LO... adorable!! Seriously, this is sooo darling! I love the circle photos and all the flourishes! Nice work!

    barb :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! So many great details and I love the circle photos too! Amazing layout Ashley!

    ReplyDelete