Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Star-Studded!

This week, we are seeing stars at Sketch Support!!  Allison provided us with the cutest One-Page Sketch (#17).  I thought the design of this sketch, would be perfect for a silly photo I had of my son, wearing Mr. Potato Head glasses while I was getting him ready for bed!  The sketch was originally designed for a landscape photo, but my photo was portrait, so I rotated the sketch.




Instead of keeping the star in the center completely solid, I cut an outline and then added a smaller, solid star to the center.  I have been stitching a lot on my pages lately, so I added a fun stitched border around the edge of the page and used baker's twine to stitch around the star.  Of course, I ran out of the color I was using before I finished, but was able to find another color that was pretty similar to finish it off!!  :)  To add a little more texture to my page, I embossed the small stars and the cloud behind my title.  I also added some messy paint splatters...well, because boys are messy and I thought it would be a fun touch to a little boy page!!

You can head over to Sketch Support and check out the other variations I made to the sketch and also see what the very talented Penny and Carolyn did with the One-Page Sketch.

Products Used:  

Cardstock:  Tim Holtz
Paper & Stickers:  Echo Park
Baker's Twine:  The Twinery
Embroidery Floss:  Janlynn
Corrugated Alphas:  Jillibean Soup
Acrylic Paint:  Apple Barrel
Embossing:  Sizzix & Provo Craft
Brads:  The Paper Studio
Edgers:  Provo Craft
Thickers:  American Crafts
Pen:  Zig Memory System
Punch:  EK Success
Font:  Tempus Sans ITC

7 comments:

  1. this is so bright and colorful and cute, I love it!! Great photo too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun and colorful! Love the photo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loveeeeeeeeeeee this!! LOVING that photo and the big star! :):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ashley: This is so freakin adorable. You are the queen of fun, colorful, action filled kid layouts! This is one of your best. And BTW, your kids are so sweet and silly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my word... this may just be the cutest little boy LO I have ever seen!!! You rocked the details on this one!!

    barb :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Priceless pic and I love the pops of red stripes :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. How cute is this!!!! Just loving that picture!!! My son did the same when he was little. Love the star and stitching behind the picture!

    ReplyDelete