Thursday, February 7, 2013

I Spy with My Little Eye...

***If you are looking for Sara's Birthday Blog Hop, please go HERE.*** 

a fun layout for Get It Scrapped!, using the Painterly trend!  You may be wondering what Painterly entails.  It's basically creating a fun, artsy background for your layout or project.  You can take it to whatever extreme you like, by adding a little or a lot.  Here is what I did for this assignment:




Our little boy loves looking through the telescopes that overlook the water, and we have to make a stop at every one, along the pier.  The colors in these photos are more on the muted side and included a lot of Browns and Grays, so I thought the Painterly trend would be a great way to add some color and fun to this layout.  Instead of looking to paint, to create my background, I chose to work with Spray Mists.  I diluted two different colors, Teal and Yellow, with a little bit of water.  Then I chose a Chevron mask and dabbed the color over the mask, once I adhered, the patterned paper squares to my layout.  While the color was still wet, I shook the mist dropper over my page, to blend the colors and give it a water color effect.  Once that layer was dry, I took some bubble wrap and taped it to my acrylic stamp block, sprayed it with Orange spray mist, and then randomly stamped it on my page.  My Chevron pattern got a little lost, once I added the bubble wrap stamping, but I still love the Painterly look.  That's one of the great things about this trend...the messier the better!!

Supplies:  Studio Calico Murray Hill Kit; Washi Tape:  Love My Tapes; Spray Mist & Chevron Mask:  Studio Calico; Cardstock:  Bazzill; Ink:  Stampin' Up


No comments:

Post a Comment