Saturday, February 16, 2013

My First Post - The Paper Bakery!

Happy Saturday folks!  I am super excited to share my first projects with you, for The Paper Bakery Design Team!  Sarah Hill, owner of The Paper Bakery Kit Club, invited me to be a part of the Team back in January...and I've been looking forward to sharing my work with you, using her amazing Kits.  I received the February Kit, "Days of the Week" this past Monday and I had all 5 of my projects completed by the end of the day on Wednesday...two layouts, a tag, a card, and a Mini Album.  Needless to say, I was blown away by this Kit and couldn't wait to start creating with it!

First up, I am going to share a Tag I did with some of the papers from the MME Unforgettable 6x6 paper pad, that is included in the Project Kit "Our Day".  For most of you who have been followers for a while, you know that pretty much anything other than a layout is outside of my comfort zone.  But I have to admit, that working with the Kit, I really enjoyed creating the Tag, Card, and Mini Album.  I am even considering creating some cards to submit for publication calls...that is a giant step from my normal no-love-for-cards attitude.  :)  So, here is the Tag...actually one of the first times I've ever created a Tag like this.



  
There are 3 Shipping Tags included in the Kit and they are perfect for creating custom tags.  I fussy cut the sentiment from the MME 6x6 paper pad and used my Cameo to cut the hearts and background shape.  And see that awesome Flair button??!!...Yep, The Paper Bakery is now selling it's own custom Flair.  You can visit the Shop and check out all of the new Flair sets that have been added this week.

Alrighty, and next up, is a sneak of one of the layouts I created.  I actually decided to use the above Tag as one of the elements on my layout.  A fun idea...creating the Tags ahead of time and then using them for your pages!  To check out the full layout, please head over to my post on The Paper Bakery Blog, today.



  
And I wanted to share one more thing with you, before you head over to The Paper Bakery Blog.  This month's Kit also includes Printables.  Sarah rotates Printables and custom Silhouette Files each  month.  And the Printables this month are totally adorable.  I used one at the top of the layout for my journaling spot.




Thanks for stopping in today!  I hope you have a great (scrappy) weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment