Thursday, February 21, 2013

Say Cheese!

I have been about to pop, waiting to share today's layout for the Representational Motif article at Get It Scrapped!  I have to say, that it's my favorite layout that I've done so far for one of our assignments, and this was a fun one.  Representational Motif can be used on your pages to add texture and interest, and it usually gives a clue to the theme behind your layout.  





I love taking photos of my kids, and even though they are pretty good about it...most of the time, there are those other times, that I never know what kind of pose/face I might get!!  When thinking of the design of this page, I wanted it to be more about the results of taking the photos, rather than the event or where we were at the time.  I loved that I had one adorable, smiley photo and then another silly photo, in the same pose.  There was a great Camera patterned paper included in the Studio Calico Murray Hill kit, that I wanted to use for this page. I debated using the sheet as is, but then decided to fussy cut several of the Cameras and then arrange them under my photos.  I spread the fussy cut Cameras out, to leave room for Wood Veneer Cameras and enamel dots, which added some texture to my page.  I loved working with the Camera motif, because it immediately gives you an idea as to the theme of the page and it was a great pattern to mix with other colors and patterns.

If you want to find out a little more info on Representational Motif and how to use it on your next layout, make sure you head over to Get It Scrapped!, and see how the other Creative Team members interpreted this assignment.
 
Supplies:  Patterned Papers:  Studio Calico Murray Hill Kit & October Afternoon; Washi Tape:  Hampton Art; Brads:  WRMK; Wood Veneers:  Studio Calico; Enamel Dots;  My Mind's Eye; Flair Button:  October Afternoon; Fonts;  Pacifico & CK Jolly Elf

No comments:

Post a Comment