Thursday, February 14, 2013

Warm & Cozy

Happy Valentine's Day!  We are celebrating today, by taking the kiddies to the annual Homeschool Valentine party, that we've done for the past 3 years.  They always have a great time and eat lots of candy...and then mommy has to refrain from having a nervous breakdown for the rest of the day!  But, on a good scrappy note, Get It Scrapped! has a great article up today for scrapping Simple Pleasures.  These could be things that we over look or take for granted, but take a little time to stop every once in a while and snap a photo of some of your simple pleasures and get them documented on a layout.  Here's what I did for the assignment:




 
I snapped these photos, while I was relaxing in front of the first fire we had built in our house, after living here for 7 years.  The photos are not the greatest, because it was dark and I was using my Camera phone.  I still wanted to use them to tell the story on my layout, though.  I knew I wanted to use wood grains on this page, because the wood grain pattern always remind me of comfort and warmth.  I chose a white-washed wood grain for the background and used Amy Tangerine's Ready.Set.Go collection, to add in some warmth with the darker wood grain and saturated Yellow.

Supplies:  Patterned Paper:  Amy Tangerine & Pink Paislee; Wood Veeners & Spray Mist:  Studio Calico; Buttons:  Dear Lizzy & Webster's Pages; Washi Tape;  Love My Tapes & Hampton Art; Baker's Twine:  The Twinery; Fonts:  Fitzgerald & Coaster

No comments:

Post a Comment