Thursday, July 17, 2014

Hip Kit Club | Picture Perfect

My post for Hip Kit Club today, is all about working fast!  I can't believe that it used to take me about 3 hours...or more...to complete a layout back in the day.  Now, my average time is around 1.5 hours.  And sometimes I can pull one out in around an hour.  But when you have an amazing kit, like the July 2014 Hip Kit & Add-On Kits, it's really easy to put a layout together in less than an hour!




If you're short on time, with all of the busy days of Summer, but still want to squeeze in some crafting time, here are some tips for creating a layout in under an hour! I put my layout together in 45 minutes, using the July 2014 Hip Kit & Add-On Kits. I started by choosing a large photo, 4x6. Typically my photos are no bigger than 3.5, which leaves a lot of space for embellishing, but when you use a larger photo, you don't have to fill in as much of your page. Then I chose the fun Snapshots patterned paper from the October Afternoon Daily Flash collection and cut out several of the squares. This provided me with a great grid design on my layout. Instead of spending time, cutting a title on my Cameo, I used the American Crafts Thickers with the October Afternoon letter stickers to create my title. And then it comes down to choosing just the perfect embellishments for finishing your page!



As I was looking through the Teresa Collins products that are included in the July 2014 Hip Kit & Add-On Kits, I noticed that the phrase "Something Wonderful" was repeated several times. It gave me the idea to use it as the sentiment on my card and repeat the phrase. I added some of the Chipboard pieces along with the stickers, and used the fun Triangle patterned paper, as the base of my card. I tied on some twine from my stash, for extra texture and used a few of the Teresa Collins buttons for dimension.

It's always fun to share quick and easy ideas for putting projects together!  Busy crafters are always looking for ways to get more bang out of their time in the craft room, so I hope today's post gave you some ideas for speeding up your projects!

https://www.etsy.com/shop/TheCutShoppe?ref=ss_profile

No comments:

Post a Comment