Thursday, July 3, 2014

Hip Kit Club | Usies

I love that my kits for Hip Kit Club, never seem to run out of goodies, even when I'm down to my last projects for the month!  Today is my final projects with the June 2014 Hip Kit & Add-On Kits and I still had a ton of product to put the layout and card together!




If you ever find it intimidating to use a busy patterned paper for your background, here are some tips! (1) Layer a cut file over your background paper. I wanted to use the cute Camera paper from Echo Park, that is in the June 2014 Hip Kit Main Kit. To tone down the pattern, I used The X File Cut File from my Etsy store, The Cut Shoppe, to break up the camera pattern. (2) Choose photos that have a contrasting color. Navy and Coral has been a trendy color combo recently, so I knew the photos would work well, with the Melon/Coral color in the papers, since we were both wearing dark Navy colored shirts. (3) Create a large title and place it near your photos. I cut the word Us*ies on my Cameo from the cardstock, included in the June 2014 Hip Kit Cardstock Add-On. After the title finished cutting, I layered it over and above my photos, to draw your eye to both the title and pictures!


 
I created this fun, quick card, by combining the Echo Park view master patterned paper, and the Echo Park Element Stickers sheet, included in the June 2014 Hip Kit Main Kit and the June 2014 Embellishment Kit. Stickers have come a long way, and they are great for layering on your projects. And you can add dimension to your stickers, by popping them up on your projects, with pop dots!

https://www.etsy.com/shop/TheCutShoppe?ref=ss_profile


No comments:

Post a Comment