Friday, March 4, 2016

Crate Paper | XOXO U

This is a personal blog. All editorial content and projects are intellectual property of ashleyhortondesigns.com. I do receive compensation and material product from Crate Paper to develop my craft posts, but all ideas and opinions are my own.

This week the Crate Paper Design Team has been sharing lovely layouts!  It is definitely easy to create a lovely layout, using the Bloom collection.  I also added in a few things from the Hello Love collection and the Little You collection.



Since the theme for this page was lovely layout, I wanted to add in the color Pink with hearts and flowers.  I started the layout by cutting a large heart from the Bloom polka dot paper.  Then I cut smaller hearts from the fringe patterned paper and added them inside the large heart shape.


I decided to place the photo at the center of the layout, and then cluster my embellishments and title around the photo.  I used the Petals Thickers and the Happy Thickers to create a long title on the layout.  And I also incorporated the glittery XOXO piece from the Ephemera pack.



I always like to include texture on my layouts, so I added machine and hand stitching to this page.  I love the mix of the two widths of thread.  And the wood veneers from the Hello Love collection also add in another great texture!

If a lovely layout is in your future, make sure you pick up the Bloom collection!  You can't go wrong with it!

https://www.etsy.com/shop/TheCutShoppe
                                                                                                                                                              

No comments:

Post a Comment