Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Crate Paper | You Are Loved Little One

This is a personal blog. All editorial content and projects are intellectual property of ashleyhortondesigns.com. I do receive compensation and material product from Crate Paper to develop my craft posts, but all ideas and opinions are my own.

My kids have moved beyond the baby stage (thank goodness), but I just had to use the Little You Boy collection from Crate Paper, with one of their baby photos.  I had a chance to use the Little You Girl collection last month, so I wanted to switch it up to the boy collection this month.

   
I wanted to do something different with the title on this layout, so I drew it out with the Silhouette Sketch pens on my Cameo.  Then I stitched over the lines, using an embroidery floss color that coordinated with the colors in the Little You collection.


Since the title was placed on a tilt, I had the perfect spot to add my photo.  I love the cute little clips that are included with the collection, and just had to add the fox to my photo...though anyone of them would have been perfect.  


I kept the embellishing to a minimum, because I wanted the focus to be on the title.  So I placed a few embellishments from the Little You Ephemera Pack and Chipboard sheet in a diagonal design on the layout.


I waited to add the watercolors to the title, once I had everything else on the layout finished.  Sometimes when you add a wet medium, it can make it more difficult to add your embellishments, because of the mixed media warping of the paper.  I love the look of the matching watercolors and embroidery floss, and the pop that the colors add to the softer colors in the collection!

And these collections can also be adapted for everyday layouts, or to go with photos of older children.  It's always fun to challenge yourself to use a collection, in a different way!

Supplies:  Little One (680370), Chipboard Stickers (680388), Accent Stickers (680392), Embellishments (680396), 6x6 Paper Pad (680384), Clips (680400), Ephemera Pack (680390), Acrylic Stamps (680399)


https://www.etsy.com/shop/TheCutShoppe

No comments:

Post a Comment