Thursday, March 3, 2016

Hip Kit Club | Happy Life

This is a personal blog. All editorial content and projects are intellectual property of ashleyhortondesigns.com. I do receive compensation and material product from Hip Kit Club to develop my craft posts, but all ideas and opinions are my own.

We have so many great cut files with each month's Hip Kit Club kits!  And since I love cut files so much, I can't resist using them on all of my layouts!  Kim Watson created this cut file design and it is one of our Kit Subscriber exclusive cut files.  It's a perfect design for adding lots of patterned paper and embellishments!


I wanted to add different patterned papers from the February 2016 Main Kit to make the cut file pop, so I used the cute large polka dot paper from Crate Paper as my background. Once I had all of the spaces on the cut file filled, I placed it in the center of the layout. Then I used a mix of embellishments from the February 2016 Embellishment Kit and the February 2016 Project Life Kit, in the spaces of the cut file.


I used the cute Thickers from Amy Tangerine for my title. I love the contrast from the two Thickers colors! I finished the layout, with some hand stitching along the lines of the cut file, with Black embroidery floss.  
 

This was such a fun layout to put together, especially with Kim's awesome cut file!

https://www.etsy.com/shop/TheCutShoppe

No comments:

Post a Comment