Wednesday, March 30, 2016

A Flair for Buttons | Let's Go

This is a personal blog. All editorial content and projects are intellectual property of ashleyhortondesigns.com. I do receive compensation and material product from A Flair for Buttons to develop my craft posts, but all ideas and opinions are my own. 

We have a 6 year old boy, who is always on the go!  The only time he is quiet and still is when he's sleeping!  With that said, it's hard to get him to stop and sit still for photos, but I got lucky and snapped this cute photo of him at the park one afternoon.  There are a lot of great boy themed Flair sets in the shop, but I just had to use the cute paper airplane Flair from the Paper Airplanes 2 Flair set on my layout.


I wanted to create a lot of motion on the layout, to reflect his busy personality.  I used a bold, black & white striped patterned paper for the background.  To contrast the stripes, I used a pie chart cut file, to add a circular element to the layout.  I left the pie chart cut file in tact for the smallest circle and backed it with various patterned papers from the Amy Tangerine Better Together collection.  Then I placed three of the Flair Buttons from the Paper Airplanes 2 set in several sections of the pie chart shape.


I continued the circle design, by removing the pie chart triangle shapes out of the circle and cut two more large circles to add to the layout.  I kept all of the embellishments clustered inside the two smaller circles at the center of the page.  And I added some wood veneer arrows and Thicker phrases to continue the motion on the layout.  The Paper Airplane Flair Buttons also add motion to the layout, because the planes are pointing in different directions.


I also love how well the colors on the Paper Airplane Flair Buttons worked with the Better Together collection!  They look like they were made for each other!  You can check this set out in the A Flair for Buttons Shop.  Here's a look at the full set, and the other designs that are included with the paper airplanes.
Il_570xN.891072532_hdz4
https://www.etsy.com/shop/TheCutShoppe

No comments:

Post a Comment