Monday, March 7, 2016

Pink Paislee | C'est La Vie Card Trio

This is a personal blog. All editorial content and projects are intellectual property of ashleyhortondesigns.com. I do receive compensation and material product from Pink Paislee to develop my craft posts, but all ideas and opinions are my own.

Patterned paper is definitely my favorite scrapbooking supply!  I love the patterns, colors and all of the different ways you can use it!  Last week on the Pink Paislee Blog, I shared a Card Trio using a mix of patterned papers from the gorgeous C'est La Vie collection!


I repeated some of the patterns on each card, but I was able to create a different look on each of them, based on the design.  For the first card, I created a patchwork look.  This is a fun technique and can easily be used for a layout, too.  I cut squares from several of the C'est La Vie papers and then cut each one in half to create triangle shapes.  Then I pieced the triangle shapes together on my card base, alternating patterns and colors.  To complete the patchwork look, I added machine stitching.  And I finished the card with a few of the embellishments and alphas from C'est La Vie.



On the second card, I cut circles from the Brick patterned paper, using my Silhouette Cameo.  Then I placed the die cut piece over my card base, and added pop dots, to give it dimension.  I backed each of the circles with a different paper to bring more color and pattern to the card.  And the circles were perfect for adding a mix of embellishments from the C'est La Vie collection.



For the final card, I decided to use my Cameo once again, to cut heart shapes from three of the patterned papers.  This time I used a dark paper for the front of my card base, so the color from the patterned paper hearts would pop.  Then I machine stitched down each row of hearts, before adding embellishments from the collection. 



These ideas are great for cards, but don't be afraid to try them on your next layout, too! 

https://www.etsy.com/shop/TheCutShoppe

No comments:

Post a Comment