Wednesday, March 2, 2016

A Flair for Buttons | Go See Do

This is a personal blog. All editorial content and projects are intellectual property of ashleyhortondesigns.com. I do receive compensation and material product from A Flair for Buttons to develop my craft posts, but all ideas and opinions are my own.

Two words...Emoji Flair!!  It's seriously adorable, and you can find the set I used under Face Flair in the A Flair for Buttons Shop.  I initially started with three buttons from the Face Flair set, but decided to use one and then mix in a button from the XOXO Flair set and the Vintage America 2 Flair set.  The Yellow, Black and Red colors on the Flair Buttons fit perfectly with the Starshine collection from Shimelle.


A lot of times, I like to work with patterned papers that help kick start or guide the design of a layout.   I loved the large chevron shape on the Ranger patterned paper, and used it as my background.  I knew that the photo would work perfectly in the center of the chevron and then I added stickers, die cuts and embellishments along the lines of the chevron pattern.  I placed the three Flair Buttons around the layout, next to a few of the sticker sentiments.




I finished the layout, by adding the title above the chevron design.  I wanted it to stand out from the background, but still fit in with the lines of the chevron pattern.  I also added some texture to the layout with machine stitching.  And finally I stamped with the Shimelle Phrase Stamp along some of the lines and added the date to my layout with the Studio Calico Mega Date Stamp.

I probably sound like a broken record, but I love coordinating my Flair Buttons with the collections I have on hand.  There are so many sets available in the AFFB Shop, that you're sure to find just the right ones to go with the collections you have at home!

https://www.etsy.com/shop/TheCutShoppe

No comments:

Post a Comment