Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Crate Paper | Second Grade

This is a personal blog. All editorial content and projects are intellectual property of ashleyhortondesigns.com. I do receive compensation and material product from Crate Paper to develop my craft posts, but all ideas and opinions are my own.

Yesterday kicked off Back to School week on the Crate Paper Blog, and I was up with a new layout using the Cool Kid collection!  Summer activities are coming to an end and most of us are already sending the kiddos back to school or getting ready for their first day of school.  Since we homeschool, I try to take a beginning of the year photo for each of the kids.  Our son, who is the youngest, is going into Second Grade this year and I knew the Cool Kid collection would be perfect for a Back to School layout!



The Cool Kid collection is so versatile, and has products that can be used for everyday layouts, back to school layouts and even travel themed layouts!  I started with the Hooray patterned paper and used the notebook patterned side for my background.  I love this kind of patterned paper design, because it makes it really easy to line up your photos and embellishments.


Next I printed two photos and decided where I wanted them on the layout.  I usually like to place my photos and main embellishments without adhering them at first, to get a feel for the design of the layout before I make anything permanent.  I cut apart some of the designs from the Run & Jump patterned paper and mixed them in with my photos.  Before adhering any of the cut pieces, I machine stitched around the outside edge of each one to add texture.


After I finished placing the main elements on the layout, I started looking through the Cool Kid embellishments.  There are so many fun embellishments with this collection, which made it hard to choose what I wanted on my layout.  Since I had a collage look going on my layout, I was able to add a good variety of embellishments from the Accent Stickers, Pennants, Embellishments, Puffy Stickers, Ephemera Pieces, Wood Embellishments, Chipboard and Rubber Accents.


I used the awesome Play Wood Letter Stickers for my title.  Since I had a lot going on, I decided to keep the title simple and just went with Second Grade.  I love the handwritten look of the letters and how they stand out on the layout.


If you’re looking for ways to document Back to School photos, I hope you’ve found some inspiration today!  The Cool Kid collection would be great for documenting school photos throughout the year!

https://www.etsy.com/shop/TheCutShoppe 

No comments:

Post a Comment