Friday, August 19, 2016

Crate Paper | Always Happy

This is a personal blog. All editorial content and projects are intellectual property of ashleyhortondesigns.com. I do receive compensation and material product from Crate Paper to develop my craft posts, but all ideas and opinions are my own.

I'm stopping in today to share a new layout for Crate Paper, using the gorgeous Gather collection by Maggie Holmes!  I love the colors and patterns in this collection, so I decided to use as many papers as I could on my layout.  I chose eight papers from the 6x6 paper pad to use with a string art cut file.


 
I wanted to add some texture to the cut files so I machine stitched around each one.  I also used the positive pieces of the heart shapes to fill in more of the background.  I used the largest cut file to place my photo.  I liked having the photo in a heart shape, so the space worked perfectly.


At this point, you're probably thinking I had plenty of hearts on the layout, but I found room for more!  I used a mix of hearts from the Gather Chipboard Sheet and Thickers sheet, to add dimension to the layout.


For the title, I also used pieces from the Gather Thickers.  I liked having the thicker look of the chipboard, to help it stand out against the background design.  I finished up the layout with the cute little bow and wood buttons from the Gather Embellishment pack.  If you haven't seen the full collection, make sure you head over to the Crate Paper Blog to check it out.  There's an awesome variety of products included in the collection!

https://www.etsy.com/shop/TheCutShoppe 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment