Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Pink Paislee | Oh the Places You'll Go

This is a personal blog. All editorial content and projects are intellectual property of ashleyhortondesigns.com. I do receive compensation and material product from Pink Paislee to develop my craft posts, but all ideas and opinions are my own.

It's Travel week on the Pink Paislee Blog, and I kicked things off yesterday with a new layout using the Take Me Away collection by Paige Evans!  I love that this collection can be used in a variety of ways. It’s perfect for everyday layouts, but also has a mix of travel elements that are perfect for documenting road trips, vacations, etc. I decided to go with the US map paper, but wasn’t sure at first how I wanted to use it… then inspiration hit!


I had the idea to use the paper to document all of the places I’ve visited. I wanted the map as the full background, but thought it might be too busy and distract from my photo, title, and embellishments. To solve the problem, I added a sheet of vellum over the background paper to soften the look of the map. I stitched along the top of the page to secure the vellum to the background paper.


Then I used a second sheet of the map paper and cut out the states and countries I’ve visited and layered them over the coordinating spot on the map background. This was a fun effect because the fussy cut states and countries stand out from the softer states in the background.  It was a perfect way to highlight all of the places I’ve visited so far.


Since the focus of the layout was on the places I’ve been, I chose a selfie for my photo and placed it in the negative space around the places I’ve visited. I had a lot of room left at the top of the page, so it was the perfect spot for a large title. I chose the Dr. Seuss quote, “Oh the Places You’ll Go” and varied the colors in the Carefree Thickers. To complete the layout, I created a visual triangle using the Take Me Away wood ephemera pieces and chipboard pieces.


Make sure you stop by the Pink Paislee Blog all this week, for more travel inspiration from the Design Team!
 
https://www.etsy.com/shop/TheCutShoppe 

No comments:

Post a Comment