Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Hip Kit Club | Back to Homeschool

This is a personal blog. All editorial content and projects are intellectual property of ashleyhortondesigns.com. I do receive compensation and material product from Hip Kit Club to develop my craft posts, but all ideas and opinions are my own.

I'm stopping in today to share a new layout using the August 2016 Hip Kit & Add-On Kits from Hip Kit Club! Some of the products in this month's kit gave me a back to school vibe, so I decided to create a layout with one of our photos from a recent back to school photo shoot.


The Dear Lizzy notebook patterned paper from the Saturday‬ collection, was perfect for the back to school theme. I wanted to add pops of color over the notebook pattern, so I used the multi colored striped paper from the Crate Paper ‪Cute Girl‬ collection to back the scallop cut file, that I cut from White cardstock included in the August 2016 Cardstock Add-On Kit. The Play Thickers from Crate Paper made a great title for the layout, and I also used a couple of wood veneers from the Pink Paislee Take Me Away collection to go with the wood letters in the title. 


I really liked the rainbow effect of the striped patterned paper, so I chose coordinating embellishments to layer over the scallop die cut. Since I already had a good bit of layering going on, I wanted to add some layers behind my photo too. I used three of the Project Life cards from the August 2016 Project Life Kit behind my photo, to make it stand out from the background layers. I finished the layout with a bit of splattered Black Color Shine and My Mind's Eye enamel dots.


If you would like to see how the layout came together, check out the new Process Video on my YouTube channel!


I hope you've found a bit of inspiration today for using all of the goodies in your August Hip Kits!

https://www.etsy.com/shop/TheCutShoppe 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment