Sunday, August 7, 2016

Pink Paislee | Hey Lovely You

This is a personal blog. All editorial content and projects are intellectual property of ashleyhortondesigns.com. I do receive compensation and material product from Pink Paislee to develop my craft posts, but all ideas and opinions are my own.

Last week I got to share my first layout with the new Take Me Away collection from Paige Evans on the Pink Paislee Blog!  Take Me Away has so many pretty papers and embellishments, so I decided to use the collection for a girly themed layout. Any time I receive a new collection, I almost always base my first layout with it on one of the patterned papers. The one that caught my eye for this layout was paper #09. I had several ideas pop in my head as soon as I saw it.


The first thing I did was add some embroidery floss along the lines separating each of the colors on the patterned paper. I used black embroidery floss to add a nice contrast and boost the dividing line between the colors. I placed my photo over the center spot where the embroidery lines met, to cover the spot, but also to draw the attention to my photo.


I had a lot of room on the layout to add a large title, so I mixed the Dream Thickers with the wood ephemera pieces. I always like to mix different fonts or textures in my title to add interest. And the wood veneer “Hey” worked perfectly above the photo as a part of the title, because it matched the yellow at the top of the paper.


Once the photo and title were in place, I started embellishing. I wanted to fussy cut some shapes from other patterned papers in the collection and color coordinate them with the colors on the background paper. I cut the rounded diamonds, hearts, and chevron shapes and adhered them to their matching color. I really loved the different look this technique added to the background design. I finished the layout with some of the Take Me Away Chipboard pieces, buttons, and paper clips.


I can't wait to create more with the Take Me Away collection!  I've got a fun travel themed layout coming up later this month, so make sure you're checking out the Pink Paislee Blog for daily inspiration.


https://www.etsy.com/shop/TheCutShoppe 

No comments:

Post a Comment