Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Hip Kit Club | Hello Right Now

This is a personal blog. All editorial content and projects are intellectual property of ashleyhortondesigns.com. I do receive compensation and material product from Hip Kit Club to develop my craft posts, but all ideas and opinions are my own.

I'm here today with my first layout using the August 2016 Hip Kit & Add On Kits from Hip Kit Club! This month's Kits are amazing! If you're looking for new Crate Paper, Amy Tangerine and Dear Lizzy...then the August Kits are for you!! We've even got some awesome, exclusive ephemera pieces too this month. I decided to base my layout on our August Sketch, since it's the theme of this week's Weekly Challenge on the Hip Kit Club Member Forum on Facebook.



I grabbed a mix of Crate Paper, Amy Tangerine and Dear Lizzy patterned papers and used them for my background and layered "banner" pieces from the sketch. I used the DL Hello Thickers to create a large title under the photo. I created three embellishment clusters, based on the Sketch, and added in a mix of embellishments for varied texture and dimension.


I also cut two heart shapes from this month's cut file set, and added pop dots to make them stand out from the background. And no layout is complete without enamel dots and wood veneers! 


I hope you've found some inspiration today, for using your August Kits!

https://www.etsy.com/shop/TheCutShoppe 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment